Thursday 11 December 2008

Boots of moon, icy paths and snug feet

Winter is here, Christmas is round the corner and it's cold, cold, cold! So much so that I made a mad dash to Tesco at 10pm last Monday night to purchase a hot water bottle. It's been a fixture in my bed ever since - at least I now have something warm AND reliable to snuggle up to...

I decided this morning as I scampered to work that I actually like the icy pavements - it makes me appreciate what a fantastic purchase my moon boots were! (Gives me a good excuse to wear them too!)

I have 3 pairs of moon boots now, one traditional, real deal, cool as fuck, red pair of original moon boots. The other two are slightly more practical black ones although one pair have white go-faster stripes. This pair were velcroed round my legs this morning keeping my feet toasty with their faux fur lining. I've still got them on under my desk as I type this - I did put some proper work shoes on this morning but after my lunch excursion I've given in and kept on the comfort boots. Anyway, I'm in love with the retro coolness of my boots. I feel like a superhero. A really warm and lazy superhero.

the boots of moon

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could buy some moonboots, but they're in fashion, so I can't. This is also why I didn't buy a poncho when I really wanted to... they were In Style, so I waited until they were no longer In Style and bought one from a charity shop for a fancy dress thing.

It's a strange sort of slave to fashion deal, only in reverse.

Juniper said...

Ahhh you see I bought my Moon Boots around 3 years ago. They weren't in fashion then and I wouldn't particularly say they were in fashion now. Ugg/furry boots yes.. moon boots, not so much!

Anyway, are you trying to call me a slave to fashion? Huh? :)

If you like something then get it.. that's my rule. All this 'in fashion' stuff is nonsense anyway

DanX said...

"A fashion is merely a form of ugliness so unbearable that we are compelled to alter it every six months." - Oscar Wilde

"Fashion is what you adopt when you don't know who you are." - Quentin Crisp

"The expression a woman wears on her face is more important than the clothes she wears on her back." - Dale Carnegie

And from the alternative (albeit tongue-in-cheek) view:

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - Mark Twain

Gav said...

Word to Dan. Fuck fashion. Fuck it's stupid face off.

That said, I do like moon boots. They're kinda cool. I don't wear anything that I can't run/climb/fight in though, or that is excessively flammable. This was important when I elbow dropped a bonfire a few weeks ago, for example.

DanX said...

I wasn't going to leave a comment, but then noticed that the Word Verification thing over here is "orata", which is similar to "orator". And Jenni, since you're the talkiest person I ever did meet, I feel that's quite appropriate.

Juniper said...

Erm right. Can we just clear something up here. At no point did I talk about my boots being FASHIONABLE. I just said that I bloody love them for their comfort, warmth and also for the fact they make me feel like an astronaught or superhero.

You can all stop berating me about fashion now. If i did buy things because of fashion then big woo, that's up to me. However I also HATE people commenting on your choice of outfit because they think you are some slave to magazines. I get what I like and I like what i get.

Note - I also find it hilarious that many people who decide not to follow fashion because that would be 'uncool' and decide to follow an alternative route all wear the same stuff anyway. It's like a uniform. Everyone is a member of a tribe whether they like it or not and is influenced in how they dress in some way by other factors. Not an ounce of originality in any of us. (Me included).

I'm too old for all this.

Juniper said...

PS I'm a grumpy fucker some days.

PPS - Orata - I like :)

DanX said...

"If you want to be a non-conformist, you have to look like us, think like us, and listen to the same music we do."

As always, South Park says it best.

Juniper said...

Very well quoted mr dan....

Gav said...

Stop looking for excuses to grump! I didn't say anything about YOU and fashion, I was talking about fashion in general.