Thursday 29 January 2009

Islands in the Stream

This makes me happy. In fact Dolly Parton in general makes me happy. I defy anyone to listen to a Dolly song and not smile. Well, maybe except for a newly divorced and slighty bitter woman who might happen to catch the opening bars of 'D-I-V-O-R-C-E'. Anyway, I was singing a song all morning and couldn't put my finger on what it was. Turns out it was the opening lines of 'Islands in the Stream' and I was happily singing Kenny Rogers bit. (He's an affable looking fellow too).

So sing a long with me. Please. I swear it will make you smile...

"Baby, when I met you there was peace unknown
I set out to get you with a fine tooth comb
I was soft inside, there was somethin going on"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I do love that song, and I haven't heard it in ages, but I couldn't watch that video unfortunately. I love Dolly Parton too! The best country music I've ever heard has come from her.

Juniper said...

Something must be conspiring against you if you can't watch the video! When I grow up I'm going to be just like Dolly.