Tuesday 4 November 2008

Magical disappearing bruises

I don't have anything very interesting to say today apart from a general musing... I had a bruise on my arm, a pretty nasty one I think. A lovely shade of yellow, blue and brown it had a delightful maroon centre. It looked a bit like Italy in shape. It was there all day yesterday having been there for a whole week.

I got into bed last night and looked down and I swear the bruise had just disappeared. Like magically so. Earlier in the day I'd been bemoaning how unattractively vicious looking this particular bruise was. All of a sudden my skin was just back to normal, clear of all Italy shaped contusions.

This led to me spending a good while deciding whether I might have developed supernatural healing powers, much like Claire in Heroes. I can't think what event yesterday might have triggered these amazing powers but I'd be pretty pleased if I had developed them. I know how cool Claire is for being able to jump off buildings and be fine, however I'd just be happy with the ability to wear HEELS again and not worry about twisting my ankle.

*Sigh*.... heels.

On another more topical note I have been mesmerised by the twitter feed on the American Election - amazing. It's a real up to the minute rolling feed of opinion and updates. You should check it out: Election 2008 on Twitter.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ooooh I've discovered the best of all possible superpowers. I've wanted this one for ages, and only recently found out that X-men already did it.

Are you on twitter?