Friday 7 November 2008

Qype: Guy Christian Hair Salon in Cardiff



Cardiff - Beauty & Wellness - Hairdressers

Ok, so to 'fess up first, I am officially a big fan of the Guy Christian salon. I started having my hair cut by Chris (Guy Christian himself) about two years ago and followed him to his salon when he opened it just over a year ago. The salon is completely lovely - it's a fantastic mixture of edgy/funky/luxurious decor that reminds me of a french boudouir. Not that I've ever been in a french boudouir mind you...

The staff here are ALL really friendly and relaxed whilst still being completely professional and fab at their jobs. The whole experience starts with a consultation, then a relax in one of the Shiatsu massage chairs whilst you have your hair washed and scalp massaged. They'll also fetch you a drink or a magazine and generally just be very charming.

I've got a mass of unruly curly hair and Chris is fantastic at listening to what I want as well as suggesting options for my hair (and even occasionally telling me off/giving me hair care advice). I always come away feeling really happy with the cut and he's one of the only hairdressers I've met who knows how to dry curly hair properly.

I've been getting my hair cut here since the salon opened and have become friends with Chris and the staff to the extent that I'm now editing their website (that's my vested interest bit owned up to). All that aside I would honestly recommend this salon to anyone who fancies a great style experience. It's a little bit of luxury tucked away on City Road.
Check out my review of Guy Christian Hair Salon - I am juniper_7 - on Qype

No comments: